On March 14, an EV Webinar doubled down on the inextricable link between transportation pollution, public health, racial disparities, housing and development issues, and the climate crisis.
The event featured leaders in the environmental justice, public health and EV sectors. Veatrice Jews, Health Community Chair of the Inland Empire Concerned African-American Churches highlighted work in employment, housing, education, mental health and police reform, and the link to public health. Michelle Pierce, Co-Founder of the Inland Empire Electric Vehicle Association spoke of her more than decade long work of EV education, advocacy, and the many events focused on transportation and electrification. Chris Chavez, Deputy Policy Director for Coalition for Clean Air focused on the public health impacts of car and truck transportation, including the disproportionate impact on under-served communities and communities of color.
Allis Druffel of California Interfaith Power & Light and Michelle Mata, Equity Specialist of Clean Transportation from the Center for Sustainable Energy highlighted the many rebates and incentives for the purchase or lease of new and used clean cars.
A full slide deck of the presentation can be found here.
Click here for the recording of the event.
Sign up to participate in CIPL’s Clean Transportation Team; spread the word of rebates, make public comments at relevant hearings, and more!
Important Rebates and Incentives for New or Used Bought or Leased Clean Cars:
- SCE Pre-Owned EV Rebate: (SCE customers) – Receive $1,000 or $4,000 on a used EV or plug-in hybrid. Check out the list of eligible vehicles here;
- Clean Vehicle Rebate Project: (Statewide) – Get $1,000 to $7,000 back when you switch to a new vehicle;
- Clean Vehicle Rebate Project Savings Calculator – calculate how much you can receive;
- Replace Your Ride: (South Coast AQMD) Receive up to $9,500 when you switch to a newer, cleaner vehicle, new or used;
- Replace Your Ride Calculator – check how much you can save on a clean car;
- Drive Clean – search for EV rebates all over California;
- Federal tax credits – info on $7,500 for new EVs and $4,000 for used EVs.
Tell us about your journey to a clean vehicle. Did you use rebates and/or tax credits? Write to us at email@example.com!