For 21 years, California Interfaith Power & Light (CIPL) has been living into our founding mission–to be faithful stewards of Creation by responding to global warming as a moral issue. Today, CIPL is a network of more than 700 congregations of all faiths committed to addressing climate change from Chico to San Diego, Mono Lake to Monterey Bay.
Over the years, we and our member congregations have:
- Sent thousands of emails to legislators urging stronger climate policies
- Marched and petitioned
- Spoken at local, state, and national government hearings
- Fought against dirty energy (and won!)
- Conducted energy audits of houses of worship
- Upgraded lighting; insulated facilities; installed solar systems and electric vehicle charging stations
- Replaced concrete with greenery
- Planted trees and vegetable gardens
- Preached hundreds of sermons on care for Creation
Together, we are making a real difference. Whether championing the first-in-the-nation cap on carbon, or calling for an end to new fossil fuel infrastructure projects, we, along with our member congregations, have been growing the interfaith movement to protect our common home.