California Interfaith Power & Light (CIPL) is honored to present this opportunity through sponsorship from the San Francisco Department of the Environment (SFE). We are seeking 10 congregations or faith-based community centers from San Francisco that are interested and prepared to work with us to minimize contributions to climate change. Over 18 months together, we’ll measure carbon footprints, set reduction goals and implement at least one targeted project such as appliance upgrades, insulating walls and windows or solar installations.
To apply, simply fill out this application and tell us about your community and your congregation’s interest in going green.
What you get:
– A start-up grant of $1,000 towards a project
– CIPL and SFE staff to provide technical assistance in measuring emissions and identifying free or low-cost measures to reduce your carbon footprint
– Priority access to the City’s programs and incentives
To become an inaugural Low Carbon Congregation you must:
– Demonstrate commitment to take actions that will result in significant emissions reductions by 2020
– Be excited to share the process within your community- Be willing to have your story shared and publicized, allowing us to inspire others to action
– Complete this brief application (estimate 7-10 min) by June 8, 2018.
Candidates will be selected on a rolling basis. (please note that you cannot save an unfinished form)
Selected congregations/organizations will be contacted by June 18 or before if additional information is needed.
Questions? Contact Liore Milgrom-Gartner at CIPL at 415.391.4214 or Liore@interfaithpower.org